JOIN ME FOR THIS FABULOUS 2-DAY WORKSHOP, FEBRUARY 12-13, 2018 IN PORTLAND, OREGON!
DYNAMIC SURFACES IN MIXED MEDIA AND PIGMENTED WAX
INSTRUCTOR: LISA JONESMOORE
Textures! Colors! Patterns & Shapes Abound!
Have you ever seen a pattern on a sidewalk or a weathered wall that stopped you in your tracks? Or, lines and patterns in beach sand that intrigued you? Employing the powers of “Vision & Touch” with mixed media and pigmented encaustic wax, you will learn how to interpret the beautiful, dynamic surfaces that surround you! Encaustic paint (pigmented beeswax) is used in a molten state, and is a VERY tactile medium. After you have learned the basics of working with encaustic, you will create at least 12 small “tacTILE” sample boards (approximately 4” or 5” square panels), using at least a dozen mixed media techniques. You may bring ideas/sketches/photos from favorite places that inspire you, as an option. For your final project, you may either assemble your beautiful “tacTILES” onto a larger substrate as a lovely texture “mosaic”, or continue to explore the wonderful surfaces that inspire you. Join me for TEXTURE IMMERSION and mixed media mania! ALL LEVELS are welcome!
You will learn the following techniques:
• Encaustic wax “basics” and safety
• Scribing into wax, wax accretion, “scraping back” layers
• Mixed media techniques (all compatible with wax): graphite/pigment/oil pastel “rubs”, impressions with found objects, embedding small objects, use of alcohol and water-based artist inks, mark-making and more!
• Texture techniques using the following: wax, molding paste, wall spackling, crackle paste, lace, cheesecloth, sand, eggshells, natural elements and more!
• Designing your own stencils for “pattern and shape” fun
• Shellac and wood glue “burns”, if time and space allow
• How to assemble your “tacTILE mosaic” art piece or “sample” book, if desired
TO REGISTER FOR THIS 2-DAY WORKSHOP, PLEASE VISIT the Art & Soul Mixed Media Retreats Website: