What's not to love about March? Here's what's happening at JonesMoore Studio Art:
- teaching a mixed media workshop, The Altered Landscape, on March 30 at Schack Art Center in Everett, Washington
- teaching another great workshop, Extreme Encaustic Basics, at Schack Art Center, April 6
- The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed, is now published! I am one of the 100+ artists featured in this wonderful book by NY mixed media artist and blogger, Seth Apter. Please visit his blog every day during the month of March to read interviews with some of the featured artists! The Altered Page (click here)
- working on two commissioned collage pieces for a wonderful national non-profit organization
- My beautiful daughter, Jen, turns 21 this weekend!
My job at Schack Art Center, both as as art class coordinator and instructor, continues to present both joys and challenges, similar to raising a child for the first time! I am so fortunate to be able to work in my field and teach art at such a beautiful facility. Schack opened less than one year ago, and is now a major destination for artists, art lovers and "seekers and learners" who want to know how to find one's way down the creative path. If you are anywhere near Seattle, you must drive north to Everett to visit this incredible art center.
Pictured above: Top: a "sneak peek" at a portion of my published work in the book "The Pulse" of Mixed Media", called "Marilyn" (based on memories of my mother). Center: "Oaxacan Door", altered photo. Bottom: "Red Square", encaustic.