2/27/11

The power of raw nature...

I just returned from my second trip to the Washington Pacific coast and Cape Disappointment State Park. My second trip in six weeks, mind you. And, it's ANYTHING but "disappointing"! I cannot begin to describe the RAW power of this place, once a "stomping" ground (although temporarily) for the famous Northwest explorers, Lewis and Clark.

One need not walk very far from the campground to be immersed in raw and powerful natural elements, including (but not limited to): powerful surf, rocky cliffs, lighthouses, shipwrecks, awesome sunsets, swampland, evergreen and birch forests, the sound of bald eagles from above...I could go on and on. This is what recharges my batteries as an artist, mother and human being...

This gorgeous photo was taken by my "significant other", David. Great job!

1 comment: