4/7/10

In the studio this week...


What's happening in the studio this week? I just finished another 5x5" encaustic milagro (miracle), soon to be offered in my etsy shop. I have used encaustic wax, india ink, oil pastel and a small tin heart milagro on this piece. Tin milagros are very popular in Mexico, and are used to pray for a loved one who is ill, or needs help with business, family, livestock, etc. I LOVE these!

I scored "The Owl's Nest" sign at Goodwill for $1.99! Now that's a miracle in itself! It will hang in my 2nd floor loft studio. I have recently become very 'hooked' on the show, "American Pickers". These guys finds some absolutely amazing stuff and meet the most eccentric, yet heartfelt people!!

2 comments:

  1. love your milagro!!!

    (p.s. you are my shrine peek in the morning!!!!)

    excitement is mounting,
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete