2/16/09

Sheep on Orcas Island


sheep on Orcas Island, originally uploaded by jomoma58.

I spent the weekend on beautiful Orcas Island in the Puget Sound. Stopping to take a few pictures of these adorable sheep and lambs (three black ones, one white one), cost us our coveted spot in the ferry line. Had to wait 4 –1/2 more hours for the next ferry!! Ah, that's island life. But, it was a gorgeous sunny winter day, and there was much exploring to do around the ferry dock: beaches, gift shops and the Orcas Hotel (built in the 1800's). Had a grand picnic in the back of the car, complete with beer, cold cuts, cheese, olives, strawberries, chocolate...and a mean game of gin rummy! No complaints.

7 comments:

  1. Oh it sounds wonderful - I WANT TO GO THERE (no chance)! What a fabulous day you had, love the sound of your picnic; just the crazy sort of thing we used to do. Thanks for sharing. Ann (from UK)

    P.S. I see you have just bought encaustic paints - I was at a UK craft exhibition today, talking encaustic; fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    Your Valentine weekend on Orcas sounded very relaxing and fun! That's a great sheep photo...

    Hope your shrine weekend goes great......
    Delorse

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! I can't tell you how glad I am you visited my blog and left a comment -- I had found your blog and enjoyed it for a long period, then when my hard drive died, I LOST YOU!!! I'm over here doing the Snoopy Dance right now! (but not until I'd saved you again to my favorites!) thanks for your comment, gave me a huge smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you toni! and you do some beautiful work too. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orcas Island is our favorite place in the world! We usually stay in Deer Harbor. For a long time I was trying to convince my husband to move there....but we ended up in Chicago. boo! :) Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think Orcas Island going to be around for a long time, and I don't think much will ever change there..."time/space" is definitely different there.

    ReplyDelete