1/30/09

1000 Journals DVD



The 1000 Journals Project was launched a couple of years ago by a man named 'someguy' who lives in San Francisco. These journals are now traveling all over the world, via random people who make a journal entry and then leave the journal in a random place–ready to be picked up by the next person who finds it. I had the wonderful privilege to make a journal entry in one of these journals last year during ArtFest, in Port Townsend, Washington. I met 'someguy', who is just a regular guy with an ingenious idea! Unfortunately, I did not write down the journal number that I journaled in, so I don't know where it is in the world right now. In many instances, journalers will scan their entries and post them with the journal number and where it is at the moment. The documentary has just been released, and I can't wait to see it. Be on the lookout–you never know when you might find one of these journals! 
(Film clip copyrights belong to its creators.)

No comments:

Post a Comment