9/23/09

"Proper Station", in the works...

COPYRIGHT 2009 JonesMoore

This is an encaustic collage piece that is almost finished. I'm still trying to decide where to place the tiny bottle with the red label. The photos in this collage are from my father's collection of photos he and his buddies took during Word War II. You guessed it! That's my dad in the hula skirt. If you click on the photo, you'll see much more detail!

This will be a featured piece in my upcoming show at the Oasis Art Gallery, in Seattle, Washington, which opens October 25 (my birthday!).

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely and I look forward to seeing it when complete. Red bottle? Perhaps a little lower down, though I couldn't really say without trying it first! Have a lovely birthday as I will probably forget when 25th comes around as I don't know where I will be.

    ReplyDelete